Friday, July 23, 2010

Where art thou?


Hi there,

Sorry for my silence! (maybe it's a good thing- not sure?) I had grand plans of writing on this blog weekly with all my food ideas, however life has seemed to taken over in the last month and things in our household have been hectic, busy and stressful. I've had little time to get in front of the computer, let alone think about any food ideas. Hopefully, things may settle down a bit now and I can blog a bit more.

I've been thinking about food a lot lately and feeling quite sad as my yearly subscription to Delicious magazine and Donna Hay has had to be cancelled due to finances. Those magazines were my little bout of inspiration that arrived every month and gave me an excuse to sit on the couch with a cup of peppermint tea and flick through pages of inspiration. Sadly, I only have a few issues left to come. But I hope to use my blog as my inspiration and post lots of great recipes in the next month.

On a happier note, I've got my sons 2 year old party coming up. It was actually meant to be today but we had a death in the family so it was cancelled (it's been one of those weeks). Anyway, I've re-scheduled it for August and hopefully this will give me some more time to plan. I'm really excited about deciding the menu and having some beautiful treats to share with some special friends for afternoon tea. I saw this amazing slice recipe that I want to try from Bill Granger. It's a blackberry and almond slice, a bit of a take off on the traditional baked jam slice but with toasted almonds on the top. It looks amazing!

Anyway, check out the recipe and will promise to try and write more!!

Love

Nim

No comments:

Post a Comment