Sunday, May 2, 2010

stop this train...


It seems like ages since I've been able to sit down and write a new post (so sorry to my 3 followers for being so quiet lately- not that I haven't seen you though!).

I cannot believe it's May already. The last few weeks have been so busy in the Newnham household.
Currently, I'm feeling extremely sleep deprived. My toddler (Luke) has tonsillitis and my 5 1/2 month old (Ebony) is still waking up 1-2 a night for feeds. All weekend, I think I've managed to get about 4 hours sleep a night and am starting to really feel it.

Life is good though. Full of exciting prospects and an bright future.

Tonight..I'm going to sit on the couch, watch Master Chef, drink peppermint tea and remind myself that whilst these weeks feel busy and stressful and a good nights sleep feels like it will never come...we only get to do life once and Im going to savour this moment (well try to anyway..I'll probably fall asleep).

So in the words of John Mayer...

Stop this train
I want to get off and go home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can't but honestly won't someone stop this train

1 comment:

  1. Amen Nim, great words! That very song was just playing in my lounge room as I sit and do the same thing and savour the good moments in life. xx

    ReplyDelete