Monday, February 22, 2010

I pick you...




The other day I went to the shops looking for a card. I needed one that had a message that was on the lines of "congratulations" but not quite as it was for a friend who had quit a job to go on to bigger and better things. Standing in the newsagents, I was just about to give up and buy a blank card when I saw a range done by Hallmark of embossed cards that had beautiful messages. The one I chose was so lovely and had a message in it that said "the world needs your creativity...wonder...kindness...heart...wisdom and brilliance (and then inside the card it said- "shine on"). I felt like i didn't need to really write my own message as the card said it all.

Fred Hoskings also do amazing cards with quirky messages. Here are some that I have bought recently! I bought the "i pick you" for my husband for valentines day.

Anyway, I really believe there is nothing like getting a special hand written card in the mail as a surprise. With the amount of technology that we have, we don't often send them, and even for people's birthdays often we just send a quick SMS or give them a call. I personally treasure the cards that I have been given and think its a really simple way of making someone feel special.

So why not stop at the newsagents, spend the $5 you were going to use on a coffee to buy a nice card for no reason other than to spoil someone special in your life or if you have the time - make your own while drinking your coffee!

There is plenty of inspiration out there!

Nim xx

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree Nim, I also treasure a good card and you are very good at giving them xx

    ReplyDelete